Starting and Maintaining a Program
Steps to Starting and Maintaining an ABA/VB Program
* The consultant reviews relevant information (reports from other providers, individualized educational plan (IEP), assessments, etc.) prior to the appointment to better understand the child’s needs.
* The consultant observes the child.
* The consultant performs a developmental assessment. Assessments are completed at the office.
* The consultant discusses possible interventions and provides a recommendation for services.
* We assess the child for current strengths and weaknesses using a combination of the ABLLS-R and the VB-MAPP assessment tools.
* We also obtain parent feedback as part of our assessment.
Implementation of Program
* The consultant develops an individualized program book that addresses developmental deficits.
* The therapist(s) will travel to your home and implement your child’s program, or services can be delivered at the office.
Team Meetings & Consultations
* Consultant, therapist(s), and parents meet to review program on a monthly to a bi-monthly basis.